Monday, January 19, 2009

Delta Delta Delta ∆∆∆

I am now a Tri-Delta pledge--aka a "Baby Delta!"

Today my temporary "big" sister, Amy, pulled me aside to tell me that she had looked me up after the final Preference Round yesterday, "When I saw that you had an older sister in Alpha Gamma Delta and that their philanthropy was juvenile diabetes, I thought 'We lost her for sure.' But when they read your name off of the list of pledges this morning, I got so excited. I even, like, stood up shouting and I kind of teared up. I had to call my Mom to tell her I'd gotten you! I'm so glad that you're here."

I decided against joining Sarah's sorority because I don't always want to be following in her footsteps. In Alpha Gamma Delta, since my sister is a member, I am what is considered a "legacy," which means I would have automatically been accepted. But I wanted to know that I had done this all on my own...so I made Tri-Delta my first choice. In this way, I know I will become much more independent. My sister is really happy with my decision, too!

Although I was disapponted to turn away from raising money for my own disease, I think it will be really cool to raise money for a new cause--St. Judes Children's Hospital.

I could not be happier with my new sorority. YAY!

2 comments:

Murr Nation said...

Woop woop to greek life baby

achilles3 said...

Try Delt...everyone else has!
sorry...had to do it;-)