Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A case of writer's block



For his Christmas gift this year, my dad has asked for only one thing: a letter. That's pretty simple, right? Not for me. On several occasions I've sat down at my computer to begin...and I just can't seem to find the right words. Not because I don't have wonderful things to say about my father but because I'm completely overwhelmed by all of the wonderful things I could say.

I have an incredible father. He's always been there for me when I need to talk. He's always reminded me that he loves me. He's always advocated open-mindedness in dealing with people and situations. He has stood behind me every step of the way in my struggle with juvenile diabetes. I mean, the man rode his bicycle across the United States to raise money for the illness! And there's so so so much more than that.

How can you possibly put into words how grateful you are to a parent for raising you to become a happy, well-rounded person?

2 comments:

achilles3 said...

If by well-rounded you mean total geek...
hahaha!
he'll LOVE it no matter what:-)

Lee said...

Get out of here Lakes!

But thanks =)