Friday, May 1, 2009

T.G.I.F. (sort of)

It's an incredibly bittersweet Friday. On the one hand, I'm so so so excited for my birthday party tonight, especially because Paige and Melissa are coming! And all of my friends will be under one roof (shout out to Katydid in Chicago). I'm done with my school week from hell--and I think I did well. Plus, I have a new dress and $200+ of booze.

On the other hand, however, my dad gave me really terrible news this morning. My next door neighbor at home, Larry, had his second serious stroke. They don't think he's going to make it this time. He's only five years older than my dad.

I asked my dad whether we should visit him in the hospital and he said it's likely Larry is on life support. God. I can't stop thinking about his wife, Jody, their five children and their eleven grandchildren who we spent Thanksgiving Eve with this year. I'm going to try not to worry about the family until I get back to Cincinnati tomorrow. I haven't lost faith yet.

Everyone have a good weekend and have fun! It's May! It's the best month out of the year, don't ya know?

2 comments:

achilles3 said...

Happy B-day Panc:-)
Have a freakin blast!

Lee said...

Thank you =)