Monday, May 11, 2009

My life...

As sad, fucked up, crazy, awkward, and weird it can often be...I would never trade it.

I am continually learning from my mistakes and, honestly, I'm enjoying every second of the sometimes painful process. I actually like that, when I think I've got it all figured out, I really haven't got a clue. And I probably never will. I'm learning to live with that.

Right now I'm 19 years old and I feel like I'm enjoying my life as best as I know how. I'm doing the things that I want to do (and still I haven't even skimmed the surface).

I am still incredibly stupid, naive, selfish, immature, and oblivious, but I'm happy. That's all I could want for myself right now.

4 comments:

PHSChemGuy said...

Do what you can to keep with that attitude, because if you omit the "19", it's about the same as how I feel most of the time.

achilles3 said...

I (Lakes) am STILL incredibly stupid, naive, selfish, immature, and oblivious, but I'm happy. That's all I could want for myself EVER!

Keeps us curious and searching.
;-)

Katydid said...

This is the conversation I have with myself on a daily basis. I know exactly where you're coming from. This has been the best and worst year of my life and I wouldn't trade a single second of it.

Lee said...

I do hope I can remember to feel this way, even when I'm an old geezer like ChemGuy and Lakes. Haha, just kidding =)

But please tell me I will be at least *slightly* less stupid and selfish when I'm older! It's kind of exhausting.