Sunday, May 3, 2009

"This Swine Flew"



I finished my first half-marathon today! I feel incredible.

The Cincinnati Flying Pig started at 6:30 AM this morning and I finished in two hours and 30 minutes!

It was such an amazing experience. I had the chance to see some of my city's most beautiful areas (especially in Eden Park), thousands upon thousands of people rallying together (many dressed in wacky costumes) and a choir comprised entirely of the cutest red-suited old men (there were various entertainers scattered throughout the race course, including an Elvis impersonator). I raised money for several good causes, made Swine Flu jokes (hence the title of this post, which was written on the back of a woman's pink t-shirt and above her curly pig tail) and I did something I'm really proud of.

I'm ready for the next one. Seriously. After I take a 13.1 hour nap.

2 comments:

pbarker said...

Youuu are amazing.

Lee said...

Thanks boo boo! =) Love you