Sunday, April 26, 2009

"Random Tidbits"

Lots of random tidbits today...

-John Legend's music makes me happy.

-I'm sunburnt. Of course.

-A really great One Sentence story: "The day I lost my virginity was the day my Virgin Mobile cell phone broke."

-I miss soccer. Every person on my floor is either a softball or volleyball player, so no one will play with me. Although my friend, Nick, texted me this morning, saying, "Emily, you're going to be so pumped." I asked, "How come?" To which he replied, "On my way home last night, I found....a soccer ball!" I'm so excited!

-During my first quarter at Ohio State, I was advised not to take on a difficult course load during Spring Quarter. After spending 98% of this weekend outdoors enjoying the beautiful weather on the Oval, now I understand why.

-I hate the brachial plexus with a passion. There are far too many nerves needed to innervate your arm and forearm muscles.

-Avoid kiddie pools after you've been drinking. And don't let anyone convince you to bob for beers. It's really not a good idea.

-I recently discovered that my mom has not only mastered Facebook, but Facebook stalking, as well.

-Heavy Weights is arguably the best movie ever. Who knew Judd Apatow wrote and produced it?! My favorite quote: "Someone once said, 'War is hell.' Well, they've never been to fat camp."

-I just IMDB'd the Heavy Weight main character, Gerry, to see where he ended up. And, holy shit, he is sexy!

-I've found the one way to be unproductively productive. In that I have completed every assignment in every class...in order to avoid studying for Anatomy.

-Ohio State's University Housing sent me a $200 check for overcharging my dad. He's letting me keep it...and unwittingly financing my birthday party on Friday. I feel bad.

-My roommate and several girls on my floor received their acceptance into the nursing program on Friday! I still have not been accepted but I haven't been denied either. Although I'm still unsure whether I want to do it. We'll see.

-Please watch this "I love Jesus but I drink a little" video, featuring 88-year-old Gladys on the Ellen Degeneres Show. This is the kind of grandmother I want to become.

5 comments:

pbarker said...

you have a thing for chubby guys haha like kevin james! of course you would love Heavy Weights, too.

Katydid said...

I always knew I liked Heavyweights for a reason! Same with The Wedding Singer, Judd Apatow cleaned up the script on that one too.

Lee said...

I do love chubsters! Goldberg?! How can you not love him ;)

Um Judd Apatow did The Wedding Singer, too?! He is a genius.

achilles3 said...

I want Gladys' number!
Where's my Listerine???

Murr Nation said...

I am utterly shocked that Gerald Gardener looks how he does now... haha