Wednesday, February 11, 2009

"A lack of education is equally as dangerous as a lack of insulin"




It's a long ways off...but I have officially decided to apply to volunteer with AYUDA (American Youth Understanding Diabetes Abroad) in the summer of 2010. I've mentioned the organization before--their mission is to educate and help diabetic children in developing Latin American countries.

This summer, I'm going to start fund raising. I'll need to tackle an overwhelming fee of $4,500. Additionally, since my Spanish-speaking skills are absolute garbage, I'm looking into some non-credit classes during next school year.

I'm really really excited to get started. I'll keep everyone updated!

2 comments:

Katydid said...

Your charitable nature makes me feel like shit.

YOU ARE A SAINT, EMILY VIALL.

Katydid said...

Your charitable nature makes me feel like shit.

YOU ARE A SAINT, EMILY VIALL.