Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I need to get a passport



Today, in my cold winter gloominess, I came across this website which lists the 100 Most Beautiful Places in the World. Allegedly. I wouldn't know because I've never even left the United States.

Although I have been to three out of the 100--Yellowstone (#42), Sequoia National Park (#82), and The Golden Gate Bridge/San Francisco Bay (#97)!

Lately, it has become a habit of mine to search for pictures of random beautiful places - places I would much rather be in February than Ohio (and, usually, I'll send my favorite pictures to the boyfriend, just in case he should ever win the lottery!)

So, according to this list, the top ten most beautiful places in the world are:

1) Machu Picchu in Peru



2) Iguazu Waterfalls in Brazil/Argentina



3) The Taj Mahal in India (which is my #1)

4) Pyramids in Egypt




5) Grand Canyon



6) Serengeti park in Tanzania



7) The Nabatean city of Petra in Jordania



8) Great Wall of China

9) Victoria Waterfalls in Zimbabwe/Zambia




10) Great Barrier Coral Reef in Australia



And, coming in at #13 is Niagra Falls...which I really want to visit during my summer break this year.

3 comments:

PHSChemGuy said...

I feel awesome having been to...

#5 - Grand Canyon
#13 - Niagra Falls
#38 - Vatican
#44 - Coliseum
#53 - Florence
#57 - Big Ben/Parliment
#63 - Eifel Tower
#67 - Louvre (outside, only)
#78 - Statue of Liberty
#79 - Sagrada Familia
#84 - Las Vegas

I desperately want to see...
#94 - burj al arab
#82 - giant sequoias
#59 - mont st michel
#47 - giants' causeway
#42 - Yellowstone
#37 - Easter Island

Best thing you can ever do - study abroad. Get out of the country. Live on your own.

Lee said...

Way to rub it in. I'll catch up one day!

In our senior year, nursing students can study abroad in Denmark or Australia. I'm already saving up.

calencoriel said...

Maybe it'll make you feel better that I'm twice your age and I have never been to one of those places.

none

So that should help you

Even though it makes me wonder what the hell I've been doing with myself...