Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Congratulations on Yale, Sarah




Yesterday, my big sister got her acceptance letter to Yale's Graduate School for Nursing! She must now choose between Ohio State (with scholarship and fellowship included), Columbia College and Yale University. No pressure.

Regardless of her ultimate choice, I am so incredibly proud of her. I shit you not, my sister has been working her ass off since middle school. She deserves this more than anyone I know. And she is going to make an amazing Nurse Practitioner.

Although...if she chooses to attend Yale, it'll be the farthest apart we've ever been. It feels like my freshman year of high school all over again--we get to spend one year together and then she's off. The eleven hours of separation (as opposed to the two blocks separating us now) scares me a little bit...but I want her to go where she will be the happiest.

When did my sister become a grown up? When did I stop calling her "my sissy" and "Sar Bear"? And, if she's an adult now, how close behind am I?

No comments: