Sunday, February 8, 2009

Find out what you are or what you aren't




I'm applying for a job with the Resident Home Corporation (RHC) which is an organization that provides living, educational and other support services to people with developmental disabilities in my county. I highly doubt they will want to hire a seasonal employee...but I'm going to send in my resume anyways. Just to see what happens. (By the way, I wrote my first cover letter...it was pretty intimidating.)

As I continue my exhausting search for a summer job, I become more and more opposed to the idea of working a worthless job. Not to knock any occupation out there...but I would much rather do something that's meaningful to what I want to do in the future. Or, on the more negative but still practical flip side, I would rather find out now if I am unable to handle the challenges of helping people and of nursing.

I want to know whether or not I'm strong enough for this.

No comments: