Monday, September 29, 2008

Oh Shit



If my blood sugar meter could speak, that is what it would say. Because, lately, my blood sugars have been pretty terrible. I'm either waking up three times in the middle of the night from a low BG (blood glucose) to chug apple juice or I'm taking a million units of insulin to correct for a high BG.

The good thing, however, is that I'm constantly surrounded by people who are looking out for my safety. Everyone is well aware of my diabetes. At Andy's party on Friday, upon noticing that I'd forgotten to wear my medical identification bracelet, Will took a Sharpie to scrawl "I have diabetes type 1" across my forearm. And at a party on Saturday night, my diabetic friend Brandon tested my blood sugar for me, retrieving my glucose tabs to make sure my BG didn't drop.

Well, aside from the poor blood sugars, I really love college. I'm having such a great time...I love everything so far. However, that might change as my homework load increases...which it most certainly will by the end of the week!

1 comment:

Katydid said...

DIABEETUS.

No really, I hope that you get your sugars under control.

I'm glad you love college! I can't wait to hear lots of drunken, Big 10 stories. I wish I didn't live on a dry campus. Hmm, I wonder what we do instead...