Tuesday, September 23, 2008

New Beginning

Since Adam ships out to Basic tomorrow, the Army put him in a hotel in Columbus, which was about 20 minutes away from campus. So my sister let me borrow her car so I could see him one last time today. We had said our goodbyes on Sunday when I moved in but I had to see him again. Very recently, we started using the "love" word again...something we had both avoided doing since he forgave me. It's made this a lot more difficult and complicated. Today we hung out for a few hours, saying our second and final goodbye. The scary part is that this is the strongest we've ever been. We're breaking up...I'm not going to sit around and knit while I'm in college...but I don't know how hard I'm going to try to get over him.

Tomorrow I'm starting classes - Math, Psychology and Chemistry. And going to the first Running Club practice. I'm trying to get involved in as many things as I can - Running Club, Pre-Health Giving Back Club, Intramural soccer, volunteering at the Medical Center, The Meshuganotes, etc. I'm considering joining a sorority but Rush doesn't start until Winter Quarter so I still have time to think seriously about it. I need to jump into a lot of activities to help take my mind off of all the Adam stuff.

Honestly, it's been a rough start because I've had to say goodbye to Adam twice in the past three days. But I know it's going to get better. My roommate Kelly is a sweetheart and we get along really well. Last night Kelly, Nate and I went to a party with my sister and, after about a half hour of feeling like silly freshmen, we met some really cool upperclassmen. I'm looking forward to going to a party at Jessie's house on Friday. I'm still feeling a bit shy and nervous but I'm excited to meet more people and start learning a few things. I'm such a dork...excited about classes!

I've fallen in love with this artist Sia...these two songs calm me so much...



No comments: