Wednesday, October 21, 2009

New Orleans-Bound

A few weeks ago, I applied to go on an alternative winter break trip offered through Ohio State. For a week, students are sent to volunteer in areas throughout the United States for various organizations and causes. This year, there are ten different destinations and ten students are accepted to each trip (50 accepted to the Habitat for Humanity trip).

Today, I found out that I got accepted to my first choice!

The location I'll go to is Project Lazarus in New Orleans. Project Lazarus is a residential facility for people suffering with AIDS in the Gulf Coast region. The trip will only cost $185, which includes transportation and housing.

I'm so excited! I've always wanted to visit New Orleans and this will definitely be good experience for nursing. And good experience in general.

3 comments:

PHSChemGuy said...

Sounds like a heck of an excuse for a spring break trip.

Lee said...

I'M SOO EXCITED!!!! And it's sooner than spring break, it's over winter break!

Bdubba said...

Sounds like a great way to spend the 6 weeks break quarter schools give! Gosh....I miss those!