Sunday, March 8, 2009

Superheros, Bodybuilders and Beasts

I'm disappointed that this exciting weekend is coming to an end...

Thursday night was Watchmen. I love people-watching. I could entertain myself for hours sitting inside a movie theater before any given midnight show and eating a box of Raisinettes.

Saturday, we had our Tri-Delta Initiation ceremony. I'm no longer a pledge but an active member. But that's not what got me so excited--it was when my parents, and all of the new girls' parents, made a surprise appearance! I was so happy to see them. The three of us had brunch at the sorority house then, as is reunion tradition, we hung out at the bookstore. And I got two more books I do not need. After spending a few hours together, Mom and Dad dropped me off to get ready for the sorority Formal.

This is the part where it gets really exciting. You know when Superman dramatically rips his shirt off at the chest? Well, that was me when I got stuck in my original dress. Yep, I was trapped in that thing after the side zipper completely broke--ten minutes before I was to be picked up for the dance. It wouldn't go down over my hips or up over my chest so I had no other choice but to rip it off in dramatic Superman fashion (not at the chest though). I kicked the shit out of that dress, picked out a better one and went on my way.



Formal had several elements of excitement, such as dancing, singing, chocolate fondu, and tanned bodybuilders. The bodybuilders were competitors in Arnold Schwarzenegger's Sports Expo which was taking place in downtown Columbus this weekend. I spotted a couple in the lobby of the hotel where our dance was being held. I even waved to one. Scary as hell.

The rest of the dance was so much ridiculous fun--my feet are still sore from all the dancing. I've never jumped so high in four-inch heels while singing at the top of my lungs. Damn you, Isley Brothers.



And today, my roommate Kelly and I ventured to the Palace Theatre downtown for Beauty and the Beast. I'd estimate that half the audience members were under four feet, dressed in gowns and crowned with tiaras. It was the most adorable thing I'd ever seen.

...I hate Mondays.

No comments: