Monday, November 3, 2008

Someone you might know someday

In Psych class, I sit near a noticeably older man - probably in his mid to late twenties. He has a booming voice and a buzzed, military-style hair cut. Immediately, I pegged him as a former soldier - perhaps a military man attending college on the GI Bill.

During one of our classes I noticed that he had asked several questions about the discussion topic - child development. Later, I figured out why he'd been so curious - I overheard him sharing an animated story with our teacher about his own young daughter. And telling from his myriad of questions and ear-to-ear smile, I pictured this to be his first.

I wondered if I might be seeing a small glimpse of Adam in the future - in my future. Then I worried that it was nothing more than seeing a stranger...just some person I'll never know.

No comments: