Sunday, October 26, 2008

Love letters are not dead

Writing letters has it's virtues - it allows you to be far more eloquent and heartfelt (which is nice in an age where the term "love letter" is almost dead). Plus, I'm much better at articulating my feelings through writing than I am through speaking - in a letter, I don't feel as vulnerable to say outright, "I'm so in love with you."

However, when you're accustomed to a fast-paced world in which Facebook satisfies your every whim to communicate instantly with friends far and wide, snail mail is incredibly frustrating.

Which is why it felt so good to speak to Adam on the phone today! Phone calls from him are quite sporadic but I can usually count on receiving one once a week. They're very short - about a five minute maximum - but today we got the chance to speak for over 13 minutes. Unfortunately, the time always seems to slips right through my fingers. But I should be receiving another letter in my mailbox tomorrow!

2 comments:

achilles3 said...

i wish my handwriting was cooler
and that I could spell
then I might WRITE more letters.

Lee said...

What a terrible English teacher