Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween is truly evil

It's Halloween weekend! As excited as I am to celebrate - I've concluded that there is no other holiday or event that sets a diabetic up to fail so miserably. At least, a diabetic college freshman like me. Offerings of beer and candy are rampant! And, even more cruel, tomorrow is the beginning of National Diabetes Month.

So after we drink and eat ourselves into a coma tonight - and our blood sugar can't decide whether to go up from the candy or down from the alcohol - we get to wake up to celebrate healthy diabetes awareness! Woo-hoo.

Oh well, I'm still looking forward to this weekend! I'll try to be good. Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Katydid said...

You may be tempted by sugar, but I almost got busted for smoking last night...Happy Halloween!